Tuesday, February 16, 2010



Feb 16 7:24 am
A day off was great. Was on the 6:15am bus to NYC yesterday. something about watching the sunrise over the NJ turnpike that made me feel like Ratso Rizzo from "Midnight Cowboy"
I went to a dog show,the dog show! Thinking about my dog show in July, I decided to divide the space and show paintings and photographs. So,took over 100 at the show. Tried to get some good candid shots most people never see in the bench area. Might even try some B/W since I got a 35mm on ebay last year and haven't tried it yet. Sunday spent the day at Highwire working on my notebooks. Have the Visible Boy started and the Prairie Dog. Made some changes to the Cheerleader. Still haven't figured out June. thinking something big but need to see the space.
Also decided to stop painting on the old canvases. Curators will have to x-ray to discover my genius. I'll save them the work.
So 2 books to work on today.
Read a great article in the New Yorker magazine about mules. I think I'll get that wolfhound instead!


No comments:

Post a Comment