Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28th 2012
Wow almost 2 years have gone by since I wrote on this and so much happening. Anyway,who cares.
Got a new notebook and new sharpie pen. First thing in my head this morning,which, is what gave me the courage to start this up again was a poem. I'll get to that. In looking back at all the stuff I was working on
like the "Dog Boy" That was a pretty decent painting. I was moving it one day and he decided to sit up in the truck and snapped in half. The other small pieces,gone and recycled into some lame project. No big deal. I have lots of books left and the dog book has a little case I made out of an old record player. Without going back,not sure if I wrote about Polly Anne. She's gone and in the shrine with Madeline.
Matilda Jane joined the girls,born on the day I lost Polly. Okay, the poem:
                    I must go down to the seas again to the lonely sea and the sky
                   And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by
                   And the wheel's kick and the winds song and the white sail shaking
                   And a grey mist on the sea's face and a grey dawn breaking
                   I must go down to the seas again for the call of the running tide
                   Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied
                  And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying
                 And the flung spray and the blown spume and the sea gulls crying
                 I must go down to the sea again to the vagrant gypsy life
                 To the gulls way and the whales way where the winds like a whetted knife
                 And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow rover
                And a quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long tricks over.








              

No comments:

Post a Comment