Sunday, April 25, 2010








April 25 9:05 am
I finally figured out where my ideas come from. They are found,just like found objects. I was looking through this old book I picked up at a flea market and one of the pages had airplanes glued down. They were old and from a newspaper. Carefully I lifted them out and saved them in a box. Working on my website I thought, the visible boy,he has a plane! So now he can have adventures. That's how the process works. I had a watercolor notebook so one page at a time I painted a wash with my new crayola deluxe paint set, added marker and sharpie pen. I then glued a plane. Have about 8 finished. I'm going to paint each one 36"x 48". found more in the same book so I will have about 15 paintings of "The Adventures of the Visible Boy"
All of the disgusting stretchers are gone. Yesterday I cut up "The Sound of Many Birds".I glued the birdies on 6" x 12" canvases. Not sure what will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment