Thursday, November 26, 2009





Nov.26 5:23am
It was 1999 when all this started to happen. So now it is kind of an anniversary. I had to give up my art for 10 years then it took me 10 years to get back on the track not that I'm totally there.
This is "Church at Golden" Golden New Mexico that is. I was in 2 galleries and sold lots of paintings. "Uncanny Nanny" is in the collection of the El Paso Museum of Art. Actually they own 2. the green one is "High Road Church" painted on the road between Santa Fe and Taos.
Started to change when I moved on to Denver.
Grandma's painted dishes recalls my grandmother's dining room in North Camden NJ.
sold to a collector of fiesta ware.

1 comment:

  1. i like this series of paintings. i always wanted to go back to new mexico after driving thru on a cross country trip i took after my husband died. these paintings remind me of how much i loved the south west and vastness of the land beyond new jersey. it seemed like you could be at home with being alone in a place like that.

    crap got in the way of that revisit. will try again some day.

    good paintings.

    ReplyDelete